I didn’t know up until a couple of weeks back that brie and mango is a common combo in the tapas world. It goes without saying that I had to try it myself, and I was more than pleasantly surprised with the results.
These babies are a more than substantial lunch and will go down well with pretty much everyone. I strongly recommend serving them with sweet chilli sauce.
300g diced mango, chopped into 0.5cm cubes
160g brie, sliced into chunks
4 spring onions
4 tsps chilli oil
sweet chilli dipping sauce, optional
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a non-stick frying pan (medium heat) and place the tortilla down on the oil.
- Put a quarter of the brie on one half of the tortilla to let it melt, and top with a quarter of the mango. – see image below if you’re unsure on this.
- Snip one of the spring onions on top (getting really fine slithers with a pair of scissors).
- When the cheese is melted and the tortilla has been on the heat for about 2 minutes, it should be crisping up on the bottom. Using a spatula, lift the empty half of the tortilla and fold it over the filled half.
- Press down ’til it sticks itself. Give it another 30 seconds or so on the heat then serve.
- Repeat this another 3 times for 3 more quesadillas.
Your track recommendation for this recipe is a blast from the past childhood style, we played this album over and over when I was a kid and I still love it now.
Thanks for reading x