I adore making New Year’s resolutions. I don’t believe in the “New Year new me” vibe that circulates social media at this time of year (if that’s what you’re into then that’s cool too) but I just love taking a second to look at my life and see what needs a little extra attention.
- Clean my laptop screen more often. It’s all dusty and gross too much of the time. I need to take care of this baby.
- Cook another food bloggers recipe once a month and write about it. We should all be doing this more often I think.
- Yoga. I keep saying it, I keep not doing it. From January 1st, Adriene is running a month-long yoga camp. I’m really, really hoping that’ll be enough to get me back into regular practise.
- Get back into creative writing. Writing little observations, poems and short stories in a notebook I carried everywhere with me was how I discovered that the written word was my jam. I don’t do that anymore, but I got a little notebook for Christmas, so guess who’s gonna be jotting away on public transport like it’s 2007? This idiot.
- Spend an hour each day doing something meditative. I don’t want to be too caged with this resolution, but I want to consciously step away from the screen and give my mind a break more often. I’ve recently discovered the power of the adult colouring book (a Harry Potter one no less), so I’m starting there.
That’s all, folks. The shorter the list the likelier you are to stick to your guns, that’s what I’m hoping anyway. What are your resolutions this year?