This looks amazing, this tastes amazing, this is amazing. And I shall tell you for why, the oil found in salmon has been shown to cut leptin levels and help your body process foods more effectively and of course it’s full of our good friend omega 3, also salmon when cooked to perfection (which this is, of course) is pretty much unbeatable.
I should probably explain the three chilli concept, in this dish I used fresh and organic chillis, chilli flakes, and chilli oil – as I’ve mentioned this week, hot and spicy ingredients are great for picking up the pace of your metabolism. The water content in cucumber (similar to melon) is what makes it a metabolism winner, and mango just adds inexplicable deliciousness to the whole vibe.
Overall, I’ve done a pretty stand up job of making this entire meal metabolism conscious so give it a try!
Serves 3 – with leftovers for lunch
3 salmon fillets
2 tbsps grated ginger
2 cloves garlic
handful chilli flakes
few drizzles chilli oil
for the dressing
more chilli oil
honey – a third of your jar wants to be made up of each of these, so specific amounts depend on your jar
optional – purple sprouting broccoli in sesame oil
- Pre heat your oven to somewhere between gas mark 5 and 6, conversions here and arrange your salmon in a roasting dish, now make it pretty. Chop some fresh chilli, ginger, garlic, throw it on there. Drizzle with chilli oil, sprinkle with chilli flakes and maybe add a dose of honey at this point.
- Put in the top shelf of the oven for 25 minutes (it’ll be soft and melt-in-the-mouth-y and just believe me this is the best thing that will happen to you all week)
- You can probably chill for 10 minutes here, then peel the cucumber, and continue to peel to make the salad ribbons, add some more fresh chilli here and chop the mango in to small chunks, arrange in a bowl and take a picture to show off to your friends or put on instagram as seen above.
- If you’re having some broccoli (have some broccoli, it tastes like something amazing from a chinese takeaway menu but is pretty healthy) then start frying it now, heat 2tbsps sesame oil before adding the broc to the pan then keep it on a low to medium heat and stir frequently.
- Put the dressing ingredients in an old jam jar and shake it, if you feel like this song will aid that process, you’re probably right, go ahead and play it.
- Your salmon and broccoli will be cooked when that 25 minute timer goes off, plate up!
This is a 30-40 minute meal and totally do-able on a week day, its also a major crowd pleaser. Champion Sound is today’s track recommendation because I can’t stop listening to it for long enough to think of another one.
Thanks for reading x